Thursday, February 18, 2021

MIDI Week Singles: "Good Luck" - Emerald Dragon (SFC)

"Good Luck" from Emerald Dragon on the Super Famicom (1995)
Composer: Yasuhiko Fukuda
Album: Dengeki CD Bunko EX: Emerald Dragon SFC Game Music Album
Label: Dengeki CD Bunko EX
Publisher: MediaWorks
Developer: Alfa System


Before this game came up while participating in my own #AllTheSNESMusic, I had never heard of this game or any of the music or even of composer Yasuhiko Fukuda.  Knowing me, it is no surprise that the track from the game that starts out with a pipe organ is going to catch my immediate interest.

So, since I have never played this RPG, I have zero context for this song.  Something interesting though, is that while the song is titled "Good Luck" on the official soundtrack, all of the YouTube videos (the one that is currently linked as well) have the title as "Magic" and I am not really sure why.  It would probably help with a bit of context and if I had played the game.  But until it is released on the SNES Online App with an English localization, I will just have to either speculate (that this track takes place in a church where you are granted holy magical powers to further help you along your quest), or just wait and see.


~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian
We Found Nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment