Wednesday, April 6, 2022

MIDI Week Singles: "Overworld BGM" - Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)



"Overworld BGM" from Super Mario Bros. 3 on the NES (1988)
Composer: Koji Kondo
Label: Scitron Discs
Publisher: Nintendo
Developer: Nintendo R&D4 

To me, this song is the embodiment of Super Mario Bros. 3.  It is the first level theme where you learn the new mechanics in this Super Mario Bros. game like the flying Goombas, the Super Leaf, and flying ability, even that Mario/Luigi flips during their jumps while invincible.  There are just so many new elements featured in this first stage, accompanied by this music that I cannot help but feel like I am nine years old again playing this on Christmas Eve every time I hear this song.

Super Mario Bros. 3 may not be my favorite game in the series, but I do love the buhjeezes out of this song.


~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian

No comments:

Post a Comment