Monday, July 1, 2024

Monthly Update: July, 2024

 


We've been playing a lot of games received from Keymailer this month, which is not to say that we've finished all of the games that I've paid cold hard cash for, far from it, but I do purposefully have a large number of games that I've requested keys for since I know stream (much) on Twitch and the gameplay videos on YouTube and Twitter aren't blowing through the roof with views, so I'm kind of taking what's offered to me.  Throwing peas to the wall and seeing what sticks and all.  Plus some games have deadlines of 14 days to accept and produce content while other games (BAISU and Seeds of Life had deadlines of 54 days) so that kind of requires a semi-quick turnaround.  Plus, being a parent and all means that finding time to not only play a game, but also record footage and, god forbid, write/edit/record/edit dialogue for said video can eat up a lot of time that I don't already have between being at work (although I am writing this on my lunch break, which explains why my reading habits have plummeted) and when the Squire goes to bed, there's maybe 45-90 minutes.  I need coffee.

Conklederp and I had planned on starting season two of The House of the Dragon, but we've been unable to get the new updated password to HBO from the in-laws, so right now we're just watching Star Wars: The Acolyte, which I talked a bit about a few weeks ago.  The article originally was going to be a First Impressions-style take, but that quickly devolved into a semi-rant-fest towards all of the hate that the show is getting from all corners of the incel-Internet.  Yes, you're allowed to criticize the show.  Star Wars is easily criticizable because it has never been perfect.  If you're so offended by space lesbian witches, then there's socially isolating religion/cult for you somewhere...see, there I go again.  The point is, Star Wars has always been political.  It has always been anti-fascist.  It has always been about smaller people outnumbered by oppressive forces and overwhelming odds.  Conklederp and I are enjoying The Acolyte.  I also want to add that I think that Lee Jung-jae's Master Sol, so far, is my favorite live-action elder Jedi since Liam Neeson's Qui-Gon Jinn; if we ever get a live-action Plo Koon in more than a cameo, that might change.

I'm sure that there's stuff that I'm missing or just not talking about.  Like the Steam Summer Sale going on.  Like Nintendo's last Direct and the reveal of actual gameplay from Metroid Prime 4.  Or even the announcement of The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom being the first Princess Zelda-fronted LoZ game and then the following incel-theories on how the trailer is a misdirection and how it's really going to have Link as the main character instead of Zelda because his sword is different on the cover than it is in the trailer.

Finally, a heads up that we might be posting a little less frequently for the next couple of weeks, and we might even miss a MIDI Week Single or two for the first time since June 2020.  I'll have access to limited internet so I'm trying to get as much stuff queued up beforehand, but that's contingent on me actually getting up to eight more articles ready to go before the 6th.  It's possible.  It's not overly likely, but it's still theoretically possible.  Just like it's theoretically possible that I can get eight hours of unbroken sleep between 11pm and 7am.



~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian
Instrumental

No comments:

Post a Comment