Wednesday, June 22, 2016

MIDI Week Singles: "Beyond the Canyon" from Fallout 2 (PC)


"Beyond the Canyon" from Fallout 2 on PC (1998)
Composer: Mark Morgan
Developer: Black Isle Studios


My main reason for picking this song is because I'm attempting (again?) to work my way through Fallout 2.  This is the music that plays in the the starting village of Arroyo.  I've actually made my way back to the village on a number of occasions, none of which have been because I've found the G.E.C.K., and every time I'm there, and each time the song comes up on my computer (usually around the eight second mark with "Ooo-whop-woo" tone which repeats throughout the song), I immediately thing, "Ah, I'm back home."  Which is a nice comforting feeling to have as you wander the Wastelands hoping that you're not going to be waylaid by raiders, super mutants, centaurs, or any other abomination that the desert decided was a good idea to vomit up on the dregs of humanity.

I'm not far enough in the game (heading to Vault City. . .I think, and I only have the leather jacket for armor) to know if this theme is used anywhere else, but I feel that whenever I hear it, I'll feel somewhat at ease; and on the verge of being attacked by a gecko.  Either way, good feelings associated with this piece.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian

No comments:

Post a Comment