Wednesday, June 29, 2016

MIDI Week Singles: "Dive Man Stage" - Mega Man 4 (NES)


"Dive Man Stage" from Mega Man 4 on the Nintendo Entertainment System (1991)
Composer: Minae Fujii
Label: Capcom
Developer: Capcom


I decided upon the music from Dive Man's stage for a couple of reasons.  First and foremost, it is the level I'm currently on in my playthrough of Mega Man 4.  It doesn't hurt that the level that I'm currently stuck has, in my opinion some of the catchiest music in the game.  Secondly, it's one of my favorite tracks (see "Firstly"), next to the music from Skull Man's stage.  Thirdly (okay, this form of numbering is getting ridiculous), the melody at 0:32 reminds me of two songs, the first being "Five Little Speckled Frogs" and the second in "Heart of a Dragon."

What's interesting though is that the music from Mega Man 4 does have some detractors with one person saying that the "music was terrible. . ." and while I can say that not all of the songs are great, they're far from being classified as terrible and I actually find the music to be pretty consistent with the rest of the music from the series up to 1991 considering this was Minae Fujii's first foray into the Mega Man franchise and later came back to compose a track for Mega Man 10 back in 2010.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian

No comments:

Post a Comment