Monday, June 6, 2016

Monthly Update: June 2016


Looking back at what we wrote here for May, I admit that there was not a lot of content.  May was particularly (I apparently cannot spell "particularly" without help) busy, what with multiple projects in multiple classes, plus being distracted by various games when I felt that my brain had become mush and I could no longer tell the difference between the primary objectives of the Board of Directors of the Institute of Internal Auditors and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.

And wouldn't you know it, I'm even late posting my monthly update as finishing up three homeworks, posting two replies with posting a topic to a discussion forum and sending an email to a company that makes weed ice cream ended up taking up most of my time on Friday.  So this article is going up on Monday June 6th.

Happy Monday everyone!

This last month, I actually completed a bit game-wise despite all I had to do work-wise.  I managed to make my way through Dark Souls and accidentally forgot to go through the DLC, so it looks like a New Game+ for me. . .at some point.  

I've also been hunkering down with Fantasy Life.  There have been times that I've become. . .disenfranchised (I'm not sure if that's the right word I'm looking for) with the game once I found out that the job that you pick in the beginning is just a way to earn money faster, at least that's the way I've felt playing as a blacksmith.  Maybe it's different playing as an angler or a cook.  I'm presently in the third area called Al-maajik, which is a desert area, which sadly enough, has a "sultan" who's supposedly evil (but not the main story boss), and I'm hoping that it's just a misunderstanding from people who don't live in the kingdom.

I've also started The Witcher (as in the first game from 2007) and I think (??) I'm about 3/4's through BioShock Infinite, so I may end up writing a Game Review article before I get around to a First Impressions one; I have one in the works for The Witcher though, so stay tuned for that.

Earlier in the month I also finished my first Star Wars book, "Tales of the Bounty Hunters" which I had wanted to read since about the late 1990s and thanks to BeardsnBourbon for letting me borrow the book for about six months.  I just started "Before the Awakening," which I understand is more of a young adult novel, but I figured why not.  Since I never got into the Extended Universe (book-wise), I thought that now might not be a bad time to start with the new Extended Universe, or whatever it's currently being referred to as.  Although I am already four or five books behind, which probably isn't a great start, but at least it's better than starting 30 years late.

I'm sure that I'm leaving some stuff out, but we're in the tail end of a Pacific Northwest Heatwave (which is relative to the rest of the country, so don't get all uppity ya landlubbers), and my brain is trying to resolidify.  I'll see you all later in the week.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian
Twill Echo Our Footsteps No More

No comments:

Post a Comment