Wednesday, February 7, 2018

MIDI Week Singles: "SIVA Swarm" - Destiny: Rise of Iron (PS3/4, Xb360/One)



"SIVA Swarm" from Destiny: Rise of Iron on PlayStation 4, & Xbox One (2016)
Composer: Michael Salvatori
Developer: Bungie



What I personally find interesting about "SIVA Swarm" is that it works well as a cliche'd score for a blockbuster action movie.  As in, this song would not at all be out of place with Steve Jablonksy's score for the first Transformers film.  And while I was very much entertained while listening to this track, it was the choir that kicked in at about the 3:10 mark that made my ears and cockles perk up.  I am an acknowledged sucker for dramatic scores that include a choir in them and I am 43.47% more likely to better like a song if one is included.  That choir, which only lasts for the last 40ish seconds of the song, for me, elevates it from a run-of-the-mill action score, to dramatic piece of heroic ass kicking music.

Now, not having played any form of Destiny, I do not know what exactly the SIVA are but the associated "Swarm" implies that these are the bad guys?  Maybe it is the victory music as the swarm is finally defeated?  All I know is that, bad guys or not, because of this song, I know who I am rooting for.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian
Instrumental

No comments:

Post a Comment