Monday, April 2, 2018

Monthly Update: April 2018


Well, if I had to describe March 2018 in a single word, it would be "ineffable," but only because I took the easy way out.

March 2018 seemed to be characterized by my playing of the Switch and not playing nearly anything on Steam, which is odd for me considering the last six years it has been my go-to gaming platform.  I think I have used Steam once this whole month when I went to give Dark Souls III a try, mainly to see if my computer could handle the game.  In short, on medium to low settings, the game ran at around 25-30 fps.  I saw the first boss, or what I perceived to be the first boss, then noped out of there, saved, and left to go do something else.

Most of my time has been spent playing one of five games, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Bayonetta, Mutant Mudds Collection, Kamikoand Perception.  And I think that those five games are a fair representation of the types of games that I like to play, with the only genre really missing being a good ol' RPG, and Octopath Traveler is coming out in July so I don't have too long to wait.  Plus there are some other RPGs out there like I am Setsuna, Lost Sphear, and Mercenaries Saga Chronicles, and those are only but a few.

And last weekend while talking to Ckju (sp?), I realized that I haven't really played my 3DS since I last put it down in January.  I am still mentally debating if I want to try and fix the system myself, or just hunker down and buy another 3DS system, although that is $200 that is not 100% available at the moment, so there is that.

In the board gaming front, Conklederp and I revisited Tides of Madness, an H.P. Lovecraft themed drafting card game by Kristian Čurla.  We also picked up another Lovecraftian skinned game called Lovecraft Letters which is based off of an existing game called Love Letter.  Unlike Tides of Madness, Lovecraft Letter is designed for between 2-4 people and even with just Conklederp and myself being able to play, we found that some events lead to a very quick game over with a bit of confusion.  We are going to give it another go when we visit with Ghéörghia later tonight and see how it plays with three people.  The best way I can describe it is if you first play Uno with only two people and have a handful of either Skip or Reverse cards.

And continuing with the games theme but moving into the real world, we attempted our now fourth escape room, this time using Escapism Portland again.  This time around, we did the Wizard's Lair and although we did not finish, it was still a lot of fun, but still kind of frustrating.  I may write a review later in the month, if I ever get around to writing about. . .

Jurassic Park in Concert, which is where Conklederp and I went for my birthday a few weeks back.  I have an article that was going to go up today until I remembered that this was the first posting day in April, so a Monthly Update it was instead.  My concert review article (since I cannot think of what else to call it) will be going up on Friday.

So that was kind of what March turned out to be like.  As for April, I am looking forward to the release of the port of Darkest Dungeon: Ancestral Edition for the Switch near the end of the month and we cannot forgot about 4/20 when Nintendo releases Nintendo Labo, which I do not have pre-ordered, but am interested to see what the product is like and how the cardboard itself holds up to multi/prolonged usage.

Let's see how this month goes then.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian
Instrumental

No comments:

Post a Comment