Monday, April 8, 2019

Monthly Update: April 2019


It's April now, or at least it started back on Monday and now here we are on Friday.  I know that I did not get as many articles written as I had planned on that I have yet to either start or finish for any number of reasons.  The most accurate being that I have not yet finished those games and feel like I am beyond a First Impressions article but have not yet reached the point where I can write a full on Game EXP article.  That is just the way of things apparently.

My currently playing list, currently, includes (still) Darkest Dungeon being what I am primarily playing (in my 50th hour, and on day 90 in-game), along with Fortnite (since I got Season 8 for free by completing challenges at the end of Season 7), and then two #IndieSelect games that I have yet to finish, SpellKeeper, and Dustoff Heli Rescue II.  I have also toyed with the idea of starting/continuing with a new character in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind since Bethesda released a free copy during their 25th anniversary celebration week for The Elder Scrolls series.  But with my current backlog of games on the Switch growing to the beginnings of my Steam Queue, I do not know if I want/need to start a game I have already played for another 125 hours.  I do not know if I need/want that right now.  That is, unless Nintendo or Bethesda announce that they are releasing Morrowind on the Switch in the rumored Nintendo Direct that may or may not be happening later this month.

And speaking of gaming news, I was kind of surprised by the number of announcements coming out of PAX East.  I have kept PAX East in my periphery in years past, but the number of announcements and the presentations seemed like it was on par with E3.  Obviously I am not complaining, just remarking.  

In March, Conklederp and I also binged through the two seasons of Westworld in a couple of weeks because we do not have HBO and I forgot to cancel after the free week of HBO through Amazon Prime.  And we just started Russian Doll on Netflix which, so far, is a really well paced story that I was initially afraid was going to be too similar to Groundhog Day, but thankfully isn't.  We also started Jordan Peele's take on The Twilight Zone and there is a good chance that I will put down my thoughts for that.  And speaking of Jordan Peele, we saw Us a week or so back while I was hoping for more horror than slasher, I thought it was an interesting and overall good movie that I would definitely be down to give a second viewing to.  I think that is it for the TV shows/movies front.

You know, I genuinely feel like I do not have a lot to say, so rather than take up yours and my time with inane drivel, why not call it done then and hope that we all make it home alive after Dr. Potts' bachelor shenanigans that will be absolutely nothing like The Hangover; if only because we are not going to Vegas.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian
Uprooted Yet Forced to Stay

No comments:

Post a Comment