Monday, June 3, 2019

Monthly Update: June 2019


June is going to be a bit of a weird month for me.  Weird in a good way.

For the majority of the month, Conklederp and I will be out of the country (our house is being watched by neighbors, guarded by our cat and cat sitter, and patrolled by the murder of crows and band of scrub jays that frequent our house nearly every morning).  We will be spending half of our time on a WiFi enabled boat, and by land some 4,800+ miles (7,725 km) away from our current living arrangement.  I do plan on bringing my computer with me to both write articles while awake and in our cabin, and also to dump pictures onto my hard drive and then the cloud (Yes, Jason Segel, we understand what the cloud is); and to play games when necessary.  What it boils down to, is that postings from me may not be as regular as they have been (when they are regular anyway) for the month of June.

So I do have some articles for June that I have already written, and if I manage to separate one veeeeeerrrry long draft into something readable, I will have my posts (currently looking to be five or six posts) about movies and movie ratings across various Internet sites finished and ready to be uploaded.  I may also finish up some articles that I have only titles for but at least there is an intention to write them.  Yes?

Now that that is out of the way, let's get down to copper brads.

Most of May saw me playing only a handful of games.  Two long RPGs filtered down to one (Darkest Dungeon and Octopath Traveler respectively), two shortish action games (Fortnite and Ninja Gaiden), and one first person perspective sci-fi adventure game set in a dystopian universe somewhat inspired by Blade Runner (>observer_).  Oh, and I briefly started What Remains of Edith Finch because I wanted to see how the Epic Games client ran and if my computer would combust attempting to play a game that was released two years after I bought my current laptop.  It did not.  But it did chug along at a pretty 18 fps when I tried to run Steep through the Ubisoft client, but I blame my computer more than I blame the Ubisoft client; and then the game crashed.

Speaking of gaming clients, I am still very impressed with the quality and selection of games that the Epic Games store is still giving away, presumably as part of their Idon'tknowhowlong promotion to draw people to use their own gaming client.  With titles like the aforementioned What Remains of Edith Finch, to Thimbleweed Park, The Witness, Axiom Verge, and RiME, are all titles that I am interested in already (and have already played in regards to Thimbleweed Park), and have heard/read a lot of good things about.  I recall when Ubisoft was offering free games to pull people over to them with games like The Crew, Assassin's Creed III/IV, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, and Rayman Origins, which held my interest for a while too, but their promotion seemed to run for a shorter period of time.  Anyway, I could probably go on for a while about free games offered by various clients, but let us close it out for now.

And you know, while we are closing things out, I think I am going to finish up this article.  As previously mentioned regarding the rest of June, articles may be more sporadic than usual, but I will definitely be bringing my computer and the Switch with me (and possibly some CAH to play with the rest of the family) so I will try to work through some of my growing backlog, which is never a bad thing.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian

No comments:

Post a Comment