Wednesday, August 12, 2020

MIDI Week Single: "Wind Scene" / "Yearning of the Wind" - Chrono Trigger (SNES)


"Wind Scene" / "Yearning of the Wind" from Chrono Trigger on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (1995), PlayStation (1999), Nintendo DS (2008), Android (2011), iOS (201), & PC (2018)
Composer: Yasunori Mitsuda
Album: Chrono Trigger Original Sound Version
Label: NTT Publishing
Publisher: Square
Developer: Square





25 years ago in North America, Chrono Trigger was released on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System.  This was a game that I played a fair amount, but never owned until I bought it for the DS; I played Dr. Potts' game.  Back in late high school, I bought the three-disc soundtrack and listened the buhjeezus out of it, but surprisingly never wore out the disc.  Shortly after moving to the PNW, Dr. Potts and Friends came up for an obstacle course run, and during the 111-mile drive to our destination, we listened to nearly the entire soundtrack.  So deciding on a song to use for the MIDI Week Single this week was not an easy choice.

"Wind Scene" (as I have always known the song to be the title) is one of my favorite songs from the entirety of the soundtrack, and just looking on YouTube pages for the song, you will see similar sentiment.  [I spent about 15 minutes trying to write out why I love this song, going into the various sections in the song and now I'm doing a poor job of further explaining this.]. Someone better than me probably should have written this article, but Hunter S. Thompson is dead and Mary Wollenstonecraft Shelly won't return my calls.

You know what, I love this song when it crops up when you walk from the town of Guardia to the Castle in 600 A.D. and each time, I will wait for the song to repeat before entering the next area because I love how the song loops.  Or I will just listen to the song on repeat.



~JWfW/JDub/Cooking Crack/Jaconian

No comments:

Post a Comment