Wednesday, December 9, 2020

MIDI Week Singles: "Ending" - Shien's Revenge (SNES)

 

"Ending" from Shien's Revenge (The Blade Chaser) on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (1994)
Composers: Akihiko Mori, Michiya Hirasawa, Tsukushi Sasaki
Album: No Official Release
Publisher: Vic Tokai
Developer: Almanac Corporation


Shien's Revenge (or The Blade Chaser?) is another game that I have never played even though I did have the mouse accessory for the Super Nintendo, but the soundtrack is pretty rockin'.  It was also compatible with the other SNES periphery, the Super Scope, which I did want because who would not want a bazooka shaped video game gun!?  It reminds me, in some songs, this one in particular, of the music from the Mega Man X series on the SNES.  Had I known about this game back-in-the-day, I cannot say that I would not have gotten it because the concept looks cool enough. 

After listening to the music from Shien's Revenge three times, my ear did not pick up the theme from "Ending" that starts at 0:17-0:18 and continues through most of the song.  I tried to find variations where the melody is played at a slower tempo but for the life of me, I did not hear this theme at all.  It seems strange to me to introduce such a catchy (and very Mega Man-esque song) during the credits sequence, but maybe that was an incentive?  I do love how on the final pass of the song, that there is a dedicated outro here, that the song just does not fade out.  This is just a good semi-high energy song, apparently only appropriate for after you have killed a bunch of evil ninjas and have to retire with your partner on a non-romantic beach.


~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian
For Small Creatures Such As We

No comments:

Post a Comment