Thursday, May 27, 2021

MIDI Week Singles: "Stage Theme" - Ninja JaJaMaru-kun (FC)

 


"Stage Theme" from Ninja JaJaMaru-kun on the Famicom (1985)
Composer: Unknown
Album: No Official Release
Publisher: Jaleco
Developer: Jaleco


Here is another game that is somewhat out of context in that before Nintendo decided to semi-shadow drop this and a handful of other games on their Nintendo Entertainment System™ - Nintendo Switch Online earlier in the week (in all regions from what I can tell), I had never heard of Ninja JaJaMaru-kun, but apparently it sold 1 million copies in Japan after it was released in 1985, so there might be something to it.  I mean, you play as a ninja who is off to rescue a princess and you can ride a giant frog.  That sounds pretty exciting.

Surprisingly, there is very little information that I could find out about Ninja JaJaMaru-kun outside of a possible producer, so I am unsure who wrote this song.  

"Stage Theme," for lack of a better name, only last about 26ish seconds but it loops so well that I had to listen for a few minutes just to make sure that there were not any differences between each time it repeated.  And after that amount of time listening to this song, I actually like it, and I hope that the action-platforming is as engaging as this track; granted it is a track written back in 1985 so it could be a bit grating on the ears, but we all here enjoy video game music right?


~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian
And The Shame Would Leave A Permanent Scar


P.S.  I also just realized that I get massive Elevator Action vibes from this song, although both songs are vastly different in melody and tone.  So I do not quite know what is going on there.  Just wanted to tack that onto the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment