Wednesday, September 15, 2021

MIDI Week Singles: "Menu" - EqqO (NS)

 


"Menu" from EqqO on the Nintendo Switch, Oculus GO, & Android (2018)
Composer: Nicolas Bredin
Album: EqqO - OST
Label: Bandcamp
Publisher: Nakana.io
Developer: Parallel Studio 


I chose this song from EqqO for two reasons.  The first is that upon listening to the entire soundtrack, this was the song that stuck out in my mind as one that I could recall while playing the game.  That is not to say that the rest of the music was not memorable, just that the music is so integrated with each stage in the game that it is difficult to think of the game without music.  The second is that I love the simplicity of the song as a whole.  It is just the composer Nicolas Bredin playing the guitar.  That is it.  I love the melody, which in my headcanon is Eqqo's Theme, even if there is not specifically an "Eqqo's Theme" titled song.

I do not recall hearing this theme again in the soundtrack and I have not finished the game yet so I do not know if this theme is used again outside of the menu.  But I am comforted that every time I have turned the game one, that I am greeted with this serene menu theme, which is a great place to start in this somewhat melancholy yet hopeful tale.


~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian
Instrumental

No comments:

Post a Comment