Wednesday, January 19, 2022

MIDI Week Singles: "We Are One (feat. Veela)" - Descenders (NS)

"We Are One (ft. Veela)" from Descenders on Windows, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch.
Album: Alchemy 2
Composer: Rameses B
Label: Liquicity
Publisher: No More Robots
Developer: RageSquid

It would make sense that a procedurally generated game has a fair amount of music in it and if that game is also a racing game, a game that might require you to do tricks that there be catchy music.  There is a lot of music in Descenders that are just instrumental tracks, which is fine because they blend into the background and I do not have to think about the music itself.  I also recall having similar feelings about the instrumental music in 1080°  Avalanche.  But then when a song comes on that has lyrics, it just feels like there is more of a punch and you might start feeling more inclined to perform tricks either in time with the music or try to make it to a ramp right as the song peaks.

This song is one of the tracks that I do not know if I would normally vibe with had I come across it outside of the game.  Veela's vocals are a little high-pitched for my regular taste in vocals and the music itself does sound a lot like the rest of the instrumental music in the game.  The two parts of the song together, along with it being a vocal track on a primarily instrumental soundtrack have now elevated it and I am now excited when it comes on.  I am still not pulling off any complex tricks though (see Monday), but I do seem to have more fun when this track comes on.


~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian

No comments:

Post a Comment