Wednesday, March 16, 2022

MIDI Week Singles: "Title Theme" - International Superstar Soccer (NGB)

"Title Theme" from International Superstar Soccer on the Game Boy (1998)
Composer: Unknown
Album: No Official Release
Publisher: Konami of America
Developer: Konami


International Superstar Soccer is not a game that I would have come across naturally as I had moved on from playing my regular Game Boy in 1998 and was more focused on the Game Boy Color and the beginnings of the N64, so only by the providence of my #AllTheGameBoyMusic spreadsheet and YouTube was I able to be introduced to this music. I cannot lay my finger specifically on what it is about this song that I really enjoy other than that it reminds me of something I might hear in a Mega Man game.  Actually, you know what part of it might be, is just the way the melody resolves at around 19-20 seconds in.  I just find it really satisfying.

I was sadly unable to find any additional information about the composer for the game as everything I found for International Superstar Soccer and World Soccer GB did not have additional credits from those on either Wikipedia (which does not specify the Game Boy version) or Moby Games.


~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian
Your Destiny Awaits

No comments:

Post a Comment