Wednesday, March 30, 2022

MIDI Week Singles: "Inside a House" - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (NGB)



"Inside a House" from The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening on the Game Boy (1993)

Composer: Kozue Ishikawa

Album: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Original Soundtrack

Label: Columbia 

Publisher: Nintendo

Developer: Nintendo EAD


The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening is not a game that I have played much over the years after first playing it back in '93-'94 on the original Game Boy.  When I picked it back up on the Legend of Zelda Game & Watch, I found myself picking it up every so often, usually while waiting for QuickBooks to load or while waiting for a report to export into an Excel file.  

We have previously featured the music from Tal Tal Mountain and I had considered using the "Field (Normal)" theme or one of the variations on the Ballad of the Wind Fish, but then I walked into one of the houses in Mabe Village and I was reminded about the house theme, aptly titled, "Inside a House."  The first thing that struck me was that it reminded me of a combination of songs from the SNES port of SimCity along with the "Game Over" theme from the original Legend of Zelda.

I think I just really like this song because there are not a whole lot of houses, from what I remember, that you go into and explore beyond a few conversations with characters to trade items, but this is definitely a song that I tend to hang around inside just to hear.



~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian

Instrumental

No comments:

Post a Comment