Wednesday, May 11, 2022

MIDI Week Singles: "BGM09" - eCrew Development Program (NDS)


"BGM09" from eCrew Development Program on the Nintendo DS (2010)
Composer: Unknown
Album: No Official Release
Publisher: McDonald's
Developer: Unknown

Holy buhjeezsus what is this!?

While randomly coming across eCrew Development Project during my #AllTheDSMusic randomized searches, I thought that this was going to be something that I marked down as not being able to find the music for.  I had zero ideas about anything to do with this game and what was it that I found?  A video game training program for McDonald's employees in Japan using a Nintendo DSi specially designed for McDonald's emblazoned with the McDonald's logo on the cover.

Most of the songs begin with Justin Timberlake's "I'm Lovin' It" turned McDonald's theme jingle and this one is no different.  There begins the jingle on whatever MIDI harmonica-accordion hybrid this instrument is supposed to be, typical enough for the music in the game.  Then cue the choir of angels at four-and-a-half seconds in!  MIDI Ahhs flood your unworthy ear holes gracing you with the godliness that is McDonald's.  Now, I have no idea what context this music is used in but it had better be the "Congratulations, You Beat McDonald's and Passed Your Training!" music because I cannot think of any other reason to use something so grandiose as a MIDI choir in a McDonald's training video game.


~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian




No comments:

Post a Comment