Monday, May 2, 2022

Monthly Update: May, 2022

 

Well, it is apparently official according to Dr. Anthony Fauci, that the United States has moved away from COVID-19 being a pandemic-level event to more of an endemic, although he reiterated that that does not mean that the virus is not around anymore or that there is no concern anymore about the severity of the virus.  It just means that with 60% of the population having been infected at some point with COVID-19, including up to or around 75% of all children, and with the number of vaccinated people, and the number of resources available to combat the virus at various stages (no, Ivermectin is not an applicable and effective resource you jack-wagon)

Jesus bloody Christ hell, there is so much that I feel like mentioning and talking a bit about, but am not qualified to talk on the subject matter like I'm a guest expert on Fox (but it's not really) News.  Putin needs to cut his shit out because he is waging a butt-hurt war on Ukraine and not some small peacekeeping de-nazi-fying special military operation.  Socially conservative Republicans need to cut their shit out with their woman's access to healthcare bans (aka abortion bans), their anti-LGBTQ+ crusade in the name of protecting children, and their book/health education bans in the name of free speech.  I swear to whatever that banning discussion of sexual orientation and gender identity had then also better include any references to "husband", "wife", "boyfriend", "girlfriend", "man", "woman" and for...... ...... ...... I honestly cannot write a coherent sentence.  So mission accomplished I guess QAnon et al.

Stop infringing on people's rights you ass-hats!  And no, someone else existing does not infringe on your right to believe and/or practice your socially conservative, bigoted, and backward religion.

Let's talk about vidya-gams!

I have actually surprised myself somewhat.  Last month I finished my 58-hour odyssey in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD on the Switch, and my 2-hour 11-minute journey in SUPERHOT VR on the Oculus Quest 2/Meta Quest 2 (I'll refer to it as the Meta Quest 2 once the name of the storefront changes).  There will be articles for both games in the coming weeks.  I also started up Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster on the Switch (which I mentioned in Friday's article) and a week or two back started Borderlands 2 after Tiny Tina's Wonderlands was discussed on the April 8th episode of The Besties and described the game as a mashup of Dungeons & Dragons and the Borderlands franchise.  Well, since I played and had fun with the first Borderlands back in 2015, and since The Bestie's Twitter account told me I didn't need to play Borderlands 2 or the Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep DLC, I decided that I should play Borderlands 2.  So that is what I am doing.  I cannot promise a Game EXP article for this game, but I will likely put out a First Impressions article.  You guess it, and let's all say it together!  "In the coming weeks."

On the 3DS, I am still playing Dragon Quest IX, and despite the sigh-factor towards the design of the Navi/Tat'l-type character Stella, I really like the game.  I like how, at least at the moment, it is pretty straightforward without a lot of the potential to get lost like I experienced in previous games.  So far, it is that you arrive in a pun-named town/village/castle with a problem, you investigate that problem, you solve that problem, which then grants you access to a new part of the map, and repeat.  I am sure that more of the map will open up as the game progresses allowing you to backtrack at will, but for right now, I am enjoying this fairly linear experience.  My progress in the game has been reset twice, however (not entirely reset-reset, just that 30-40 of gameplay) after the battery died before I could get it back on the charger, and when the game cartridge was accidentally ejected while being transported in my man-purse.

Lastly, I am very excited because at the end of next week Dr. Potts and Jane will be traveling up to see us for an extended weekend.  And what are two lifelong friends who last saw each other one time in the last three years going to do?  That's right.  Hang out.  That's the general plan right now and honestly, that's perfect.  What we end up doing all kinds of hinges on the weather and Goblino's nap schedule but I can promise you that there will be an attempt at hiking (weather permitting), video game playing (nap schedule permitting), and just general hanging.  Because that's what two grown-ass married men in their 40s do these days.

Speaking of men in their 40s, Conklederp and I started and finished the first (and hopefully not last) season of Our Flag Means Death.  A period piece romantic pirate comedy starring/directed by Taika Watiti that was a lot of fun.  Without really giving a whole lot away contextually, I mentioned to Conklederp that it felt like season one was a semi-roundabout origin story for Blackbeard's flag.  And considering I first heard about Taika Watiti from Dr. Potts when he was talking about What We Do in the Shadows, I'd be surprised (just a little bit) if he hasn't seen it already.



~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian
Just to Find Tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment