Wednesday, July 20, 2022

MIDI Week Singles: "Metfest" - Ragnarock (OQ2/MQ2)

 

"Metfest" from Ragnarock on HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, and Oculus Quest 2 / Meta Quest (2021)
Composer: Feuerschwanz
Album: Das Elfte Gebot
Label: Napalm Records
Publisher: WanadevStudio
Developer: WanadevStudio

"Metfest" by Feuerschwanz was a somewhat fun song to play in Ragnarock when I first started playing the game although I was pretty intimidated by it just from the trailer alone where this song comes in at 1:34.  I get the reason behind showing what I find to be one of the more ridiculous sections in the entire game as I have no idea how you are expected to make your way through that without missing a single rune; maybe if I could play the song at half-speed to practice where the runes come in because right now it is just a jumble that I have no idea how to approach.

However, the song itself is great in every other aspect and it is one of The Squire's favorite songs to listen and clap his hands to so this is also partly for him.  I did get a gold on this back in May, albeit one of the times when I was not filming and happened to have an amazing run, and all the other times I filmed I only managed to get a bronze, but I have included one of my runs below.

So if you have a bottle of mead, break it out and enjoy it while listening to "Metfest" and even if you do not speak German like me, you do not have to worry because the sentiment of the song comes across even with a translation.


~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian
;asldkfj


P.S.  So here is my bronze medal run of "Metfest," and wasn't my highest scoring run of the ones that I recently filmed (that wasn't my gold medal run).  I recorded more recent runs with this song, but all of those videos are out of sync with the music playing about a half-second before the video, which is not what you want from a rhythm game, but thankfully it is only the video being off and not the actual game.*




*P.P.S.  I only noticed this with videos after the Hellfest update (although I do not have the Hellfest DLC) so I cannot say for certain that the desync was caused by this update, but that is what I can tell from the videos I have recorded both before and after the DLC was released, which you can watch here, and for all I know it is an issue with the recording software and not the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment