Wednesday, August 31, 2022

MIDI Week Singles: "Barin Ruins" - Crash Nitro Kart (GBA)

"Barin Ruins" from Crash Nitro Kart on the Game Boy Advance (2003)
Composer: Manfred Linzner, (original music by Todd Masten & Ashif Hakik), & Shin'en Multimedia
Album: No Official Release for Music from the GBA Title

First off, I am not 100% sure who wrote the music.  I know that Ashif Hakik and Todd Masten wrote the music for the PS2 GameCube, and Xbox versions of the game, and some of that music was recreated and arranged for the NGage and Game Boy Advance releases.  Moby Games lists Shin'en Multimedia as the composer, which could be the company that Manfred Linzer worked for, who is credited on the Video Game Music Preservation Foundation's website.  I also could not find a longplay that included the credits, or someone who clicked on the Credits in the Options menu, so it could be up in the air and I will just list everyone potentially involved.

Now for the music.

There is something about the xylophone-like melody that comes in around 11 seconds that screams early 2000s music and I cannot quite place where I feel like I know it.  But this was the only track from the game that stuck out to me, so that is why we are including it today.  Never really a fan of Crash Bandicoot, I never picked up or tried this game, being pretty content with F-Zero Maximum Velocity in terms of racing games on the GBA.  Yeah, sorry I do not have much else in the way of deep analysis for this song, it came up and I liked it more than most of the rest of the music from the game, and so we are here.


~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian

No comments:

Post a Comment