Wednesday, October 19, 2022

MIDI Week Singles: "The Parish" - Left 4 Dead 2 (PC)

 

"The Parish" from Left 4 Dead 2 on Windows, Xbox 360, OS X, Linux (2009)
Composer: Mike Morasky
Album: No Official Release
Publisher: Valve
Developer: Valve

We had previously used this theme, first written for the first Left 4 Dead game, back in 2015.  In Left 4 Dead 2, each of the different geographical locations had its own take on the Left 4 Dead theme.  Maybe the fact that I play trumpet really draws "The Parish" theme to me more than some of the others?  I also really appreciate a trumpet playing a dirge-like song and not something closer to Arturo Sandoval.  Similar to what I said seven years ago, I think a lot of what draws me to this motif is that is just so hum-able.

Just a great song that invokes both nostalgia and fond memories (for when I first played L4D2 at PAX09, when I first played it with Beardsnbourbon later that year after he got it for Xmas on the 360, and I spent a minute or two remapping the controller to be closer to Solitaire 1.2 or the countless hours (66.4 hours I spent playing solo and online with SnikiTiki and Coolman after moving to Oregon).  

Plus it is an excellent and slightly creepy song appropriate for the season that I wished lasted longer than a minute-and-a-half.


~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian
The World is Unaware


No comments:

Post a Comment