Wednesday, September 27, 2023

MIDI Week Singles: "Cantes de Confesi​ó​n" - Blasphemous (NS)

 


"Cantes de Confesi​ó​n" from Blasphemous on Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Linux, macOS, Switch (2019)
Composer: Carlos Viola
Album: Blasphemous (Original Game Soundtrack)
Label: Bandcamp
Publisher: Team17
Developer: The Game Kitchen



As much as I did not like the Desecrated Cistern, I really enjoyed this theme.  Having this music made trudging through those dank pits of rancid water with dripping pools of slime and acid so much easier to endure.  Honestly, having a piece of music that is enjoyable to listen to made every trip to and through the Cistern was a smart design choice as I personally found myself having to revisit this area quite a few times.  Be it to make progress in the area before hitting a physical and metaphorical wall that impeded progress, or just using this area of the map as a way-through to the Mountains of Endless Dusk, the Wasteland of Buried Chruches, or stopping off in Albero to drop additional items and tears off at the Order of the True Shrine Church, I would often find myself traveling through some section of the Cistern.

And how about that intro to the song as a way to kick off this piece!?  I love it every time.



~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian


P.S.  As I listen to this song over and over, I am actually reminded a bit of Matt Uelmen's theme for the village of Tristram from Diablo and Diablo II.

No comments:

Post a Comment