Wednesday, November 1, 2023

MIDI Week Singles: "Divine Bloodlines (Stage 1 BGM)" - Akumajo Dracula X: Chi No Rondo (PCE)

 


"Divine Bloodlines (Stage 1 BGM)" from Akumajo Dracula X: Chi No Rondo on the PC Engine Super CD-ROM (1993)
Composer: Akira Soji
Album: Akumajo Dracula X
Label: Konami
Publisher: Konami
Developer: Konami

Not having played any version of Akumajo Dracula X: Chi No Rondo until it was packaged with Symphony of the Night in The Dracula X Chronicles on the PSP, I was not acutely aware of this song and melody until around 2007.  I also did not play Castlevania: Dracula X when it came out on the SNES in 1995 because I had heard negative things about the game, although what that was at then I cannot tell you now.  All of this is to say that when I listened to the opening "Overture" from Castlevania 64, I did not make the connection to the song Malus played on the violin to this theme.

I decided to go with this specific version of "Divine Bloodlines" partly because it was the first version of the song presented outside of the opening story cinematic, and because we have not featured any game from the PC Engine Super CD-ROM format before.  Despite what I feel is a lack of bass, I really like how the guitar and later synths sound, which seems to fit with Richter's cockiness, or at least that is my interpretation.

I just think that this is a great way to go out the day after Halloween, and also because the new Castlevania: Nocturne series on Netflix is a great follow-up to the amazing four seasons we got following Trevor and Sypha in the first Castlevania animated series.


~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian
I Will Give To Drink Without Cost

No comments:

Post a Comment