Wednesday, April 3, 2024

MIDI Week Singles: "Pokémon Center" - Pokémon Red/Green/Blue/Yellow

 


"Pokémon Center" from Pokémon Red/Green/Blue/Yellow on the Game Boy (1996-2000)
Composer: Junichi Masuda
Album: Pokémon Red·Green Super Music Collection
Label: The Pokémon Company / OVERLAP, Inc.
Publisher: Nintendo
Developer: Game Freak


I probably could have used a slightly more obscure song, but that's not entirely what this article series has been about.  When I listen to "Pokémon Center," I hear, I think, around Spring/Summer 1999 after The Kid had introduced me to the Pokémon series and I had purchased Pokémon Red to offset her Pokémon Blue along with a game link cable so we could trade; I don't recall us being too concerned about collecting all 151 Pokémon though.  "Pokémon Center" was one of the few songs, along with the battle theme ("Battle! (Wild Pokémon)") that remained consistent throughout the whole game as the music changed depending on what region you were in and was a welcoming song every time you entered a town; the only thing missing here is the Pokémon healing sound effect that interrupts part way through.

Just a punchy and happy song for this first Wednesday in April.



~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian
Told Me I Got What It Takes

No comments:

Post a Comment