Monday, April 1, 2024

Monthly Update: April, 2024

 


It's April.  Last month was March when I actually finished quite a few video games although you may not likely know that from all of the Demo Time articles we've been posting.  So in the coming weeks (maybe?) you might see articles for Tears of the Kingdom, The Procession to Calvary, Halo Combat Evolved: Anniversary Edition, SteamWorld Dig 2 (3DS version), and Little Inferno (again).  We also still have between 2-3 more Demo Time articles that I could write, but we'll see if I just end up clumping some of those together the further away I get from having played them.  I promise we're not turning into a Demo Time only site, it's just that I played a lot during Steam's Next Fest, and playing longer-form games like Tears of the Kingdom and Final Fantasy VII doesn't really lend themselves to frequent articles.  Plus I have a couple of articles on the back burner of my brain and haven't decided if they're going to be full-fledged articles or not.

In the middle, we had a couple of articles featuring reviews for games that I received from Keymailer. However, I don't know how lucrative that will be since we publish on Blogspot, which is not our own website. My YouTube viewer count needs to be higher to be considered a substantial source of online views according to whatever metric Keymailer uses.  I also figured out how to record and stream from the Steam Deck just so that I could count additional viewing sources even though I don't do commentary and there have been two unique viewers and one comment from a person propositioning me to buy their services to increase my viewer count; I politely turned them down.  But so far I have received two games, Frontiers Reach and POOLSand the biggest takeaway from this experience is that I have figured out how to record videos off the Steam Deck without needing a separate app installed on the Steam Deck, some of which I've read is not entirely reliable.  And as you can tell, my setup is dialed, as the hep kids say these days.  I also recently found that I'm no longer able to pull saved videos off the Meta Quest 2 headset like I used to be able to in the past; something to do with hooking the headset up to the computer and only being asked if I want to connect via Meta Link and not give access of the files on the headset to my computer.

What else is going on?  I finished "Pools of Darkness" and am now patiently waiting for one of the two libraries to get back to me about one of two books that I have on hold since both only have two books that take place before 1348 DR that I haven't read yet.  I could/should probably also hit up some used bookstores to see what they have in stock because in some cases, my options are either not read a book I'd like to read because there isn't an eBook available, or pay some capitalistic scalper over twice what the book cost just because it's currently out of print.  I do have a wishlist going over at HalfPriceBooks, but I would like to support local bookshops if it's at all possible.

I jumped back on the MCU Train over this last weekend, but that was because both Conklederp and The Squire were visiting ReallyBigAl and family while I held down the fort (I had work).  I started where we had left off with Falcon and the Winter Soldier (so I continued with Episode 2), then I moved somewhat chronologically to Black Widow, then Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings and I just finished The Eternals.  We had already watched the first season of Loki so I may wait to watch season 2 with Conklederp if she's interested.  Then I was going to watch Spiderman: No Way Home, but then I discovered that it's not available on Disney+ because of distribution rights with Sony.  I also haven't seen any of the Venom movies or The Amazing Spiderman movies with Andrew Garfield and I gather that I should probably get a feel for AG Spiderman before another multiverse Spiderman movie.  And I haven't even watched any of the Agents of SHIELD series or Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Inhumans, Cloak and Dagger, or Runaways.  So basically any of the streaming series that were released on network TV and Netflix.  Again, there's a lot so I'm kind of sticking with the MCU and the Disney+ series; apologies to everyone who worked on those.  Oh, and I haven't seen either of the John Bernthal Punisher movies.

It's kind of short, but I think that might be it for me at the moment.

Oh, and I started back up on Mega Man V on my 3DS from where I left off in September 2016 (Stage 1 of Dr. Wily's Fortress).


~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian


P.S.  Shit.  Now I'm fixated on playing Neverwinter Nights 2 now.



No comments:

Post a Comment