Monday, May 1, 2017

Monthly Update: May 2017


Happy May 1st!

Also apparently "It's Gonna Be May" is also a thing that Conklederp showed me last night, but it is already May, so maybe that no longer applies.

But before we get carried away with May, let's go over April quickly.

April consisted of playing Dungeons & Dragons through multiple media, and playing Mansions of Madness 2nd Edition twice.  Conklederp helped to create a new D&D group with her brother BeardsnBourbon and his girlfriend and friends who live in SoCal, so DMing via Skype was a new experience that apparently went well enough that we're meeting up again this Saturday.  Then two weeks ago, Conklederp, Chreekat and I attempted the "long" MoM2E quest that is supposed to take upwards of six hours, which came pretty close had I not gone insane and murdered Conklederp's character thereby ending the game during the final act.  I legitimately felt bad about that, and now Conklederp and I are trying to come with an alternate rule for the "One of the Thousand" card, where the Investigator just deals damage instead of outright killing.  It's a work in progress.

I also spent my video game time with Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, The Witcher, and delving into Dark Fall: The Journal which I picked up during GOG.com's horror sale last week (probably due to Outlast 2 being released last week.  I am actually trying to make a final push to finish The Witcher, as well as progressing nicely in Baldur's Gate.

I have also been playing a lot of Fire Emblem Heroes and not Pokemon GO, if only because my current phone (LG K10) does not like to open the program, even if I'm connected to WiFi.  And I promise that I will have an article about FEH because I have just been enjoying the game that much.  I've also noticed that I haven't been playing my 3DS a lot in the last couple of weeks, but I think that just boils down to needing to finish Chrono Trigger.

I genuinely feel that that is it for the month.  Not that April was a bad month, just not writeable beyond what I have already written.

And as for May. . .more of the same, which is not a bad thing, but it is what is going on with my mind right now.  Maybe finishing a post at 6:53 PM on a Monday.  

Scheduling I guess.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian

No comments:

Post a Comment