Wednesday, May 10, 2017

MIDI Week Singles: "Katamari on the Rocks" - Katamari Damacy (PS2)



"Katamari on the Rocks" from Katamari Damacy on the Playstation 2 (2004)
Composer:  Yuu Miyake
Album: Katamari Fortissimo Damacy
Label: Columbia Music Entertainment
Developer: Namco





I think that this, expanded version of the theme song is the track that sticks with me the most, but there are some great alternate songs as well.   I was just humming this song, because it entered my mind, unbidden, months after the last time I played Katamari Damacy.  While I was humming it, Jane  knew the reference right away, and joined in for a "ka-ta-mari, do your best!" at the chorus.  

Katamari Damacy is a game with unique mechanics, visuals sounds and music.  It is the complete package.  It is noteworthy that, similar to Koji Kando with the Mario series, Yuu Miyake was both the composer and Sound Director of Katamari Damacy.  I'm glad to share this song with all of you, and I plan to share some more from this classic game.

-D

P.S.  Jaconian originally featured this song as a MIDI week single back in September, 2015.  I hadn't realized that before I completed this post.  So, I decided to find some alternative tracks from the game, which easily could have been my first choice.

These are all silly and fun songs from a silly and fun game.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment