Wednesday, January 10, 2018

MIDI Week Singles: "The Innocent Abandoned" - Sanitarium (PC)


"The Innocent Abandoned" from Sanitarium on the PC (1998), and Android, & iOS (2015)
Album: Sanitarium In-Game Soundtrack


Somewhat based on my Year in Review article, I have unofficially decided to play more games through GOG, mainly because there are a lot more good ol' games (eh!?) that I have not played that I feel that I would really love.  Sanitarium is one of those games, and awesomely enough, the soundtrack comes packaged with the game!  Although I did have to scour the Internet a bit to find the track listing since it was not included with the bundled soundtrack and the ID3 tags were only labeled as "Track 01" and so on.  So this may not be the official title of the song, but it seems to be the general consensus that this is what this particular track is called.

Now I presently have not played Sanitarium and I really hope that when I do, that I will have better luck than my foray into both I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, and Dark Fall: The Journal, both of which I really enjoyed, but some of the puzzles became too much for my little brain and I stepped away too long to recall well enough what I was doing and what I had previously done to get me there.

But "The Innocent Abandoned" is what I felt was the first stand out track on the album for me, and considering that it was the third track after the first two that sounded like dark and ambient songs, this should not come as much of a surprise.  The piano intro reminds me a lot of "Promise (Reprise)" from the Silent Hill 2 soundtrack, as well as the 30th anniversary version of Night of the Living Dead with additional music by Scott Vladimir Licina, "The Dead Walk."

So now I guess Sanitarium is going to come up sometime after I decide that I have finished with either The Shivering Isles, DOOM, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Wolfenstein 3D, or Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation.  Hoo boy.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian

No comments:

Post a Comment