Friday, July 6, 2018

Monthly Update: July 2018


Are you getting tire of my saying, "Holy crap, it's already [Insert Current Month], because last month just flew by!?"  Because if so, then "sorry," because June kinda just did.  Fly by.  Or at least for me it did.  And also, I'm not sorry.

I also kind of want to semi-apologize because I realize that my last handful of posts were Nintendo (specifically Nintendo Switch) related and when I am mentally looking forward to my next batch of articles and July in general, there is more Nintendo.  And I guess that's just the way things go when your primary video gaming system happens to be the Nintendo Switch.  And if you have been following along, I still have not gotten around to fixing my 3DS (or a semi-integral part of my car for that matter), so even my playable Nintendo gaming systems are dwindling.

But, the last week of June I did manage to pick up a previously coveted NES Classic so I have been fooling around with the 30 games that come on that, and before you ask or wonder, I probably will not be modding the thing as I am just a little too afraid in my abilities to not brick the system.  Maybe I'll just go the route of the Pi and attempt that?  And I realized that it had been a loooooooong time, possibly since Beardsnbourbon was over for a visit that I last played the SNES Classic, but I could be wrong.  Good thing I had played Final Fantasy III so many times that I was somewhat easily able to remember what I was supposed to be doing based on which airship I had and whom I had in my party.  To the Empire with a stop off in Miranda!

But moving away from Nintendo, at least for the time being, I do currently have Steam open, and I do tend to turn on The Elder Scrolls Online, if only to keep my game up-to-date so come the day when my computer decides that it wants to play ESO for more than 10 minutes before crashing, I will be good and patched up.  And as for Steam, I am doing a pretty decent job in not buying anything during their Summer Sale, mainly because the last game I played, not including the Mansions of Madness app that we used last night, was Dark Souls III back on March 5th.  And what I find kind of odd for me, is that while looking through my library of games, I really only get a hankering to play games that I have already played, like Dead Space, or  Morrowind.  Sure there are some games that I would love to play that I cannot get on the Switch like Prey, The Enemy Within, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture and Alien: Isolation, but my computer is getting up there in years and cannot handle much above 2011 games, with the few exception mind you.

On the other side of the board, hopefully we can get our D&D group together to finish up that one-off quests that will be going on its second session.  It's been since April when we had two sessions in a month.  Maybe some people felt a little burnt out, or more than likely, Summer kicked in and everybody, ourselves included, started having our weekends filled in with things that did not involve sitting around a table for six to eight hours on a Sunday afternoon.  But we did manage to have some friends over this last Sunday to play (and introduce) Mansions of Madness 2nd Edition, which I came to realize that we had not played since Conklederp and I moved into our new house last November.  Eight months is a pretty long time to go without playing one of our favorite board games.

So July 2018, you are here.  Now let us do something about it.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian
And It's Fine For Some

No comments:

Post a Comment