Wednesday, October 17, 2018

MIDI Week Singles: "Stage Theme: Dr. Jekyll" - Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (NES)


"Stage Theme: Dr. Jekyll" from Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde on the Nintendo Entertainment System (1989)
Composer: Michiharu Hasuya
Album: No Official Release
Developer: Advance Communication Co.



Another game that I have never played, but piqued my interest during my #AllTheNESMusic days.  I can recall seeing the box art at Placer, but never even thought of renting the game as I had no knowledge of the story aside from it existing.  Plus the cover art is, well. . ., it is just kind of weird, especially to a 10 year old kid who is looking to see if Mega Man III has been released yet or not.

While not necessarily spooky, which is something that we sometimes like to aim for in the month of October, it is quirky and kind of odd, and by that perspective, potentially unsettling.  Perhaps fitting for the mind of Dr. Jekyll?  Something simmering there below the surface that might crop up at any time to take control and. . .kill bees apparently; again, I have not played the game but from what I have read, you can kill bees with your cane while as Mr. Hyde.

Remember kids, bees are our friends.  Don't be like Mr. Hyde, on more than one level.




~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian

Instrumental

No comments:

Post a Comment