Wednesday, January 23, 2019

MIDI Week Singles: "Crazy Driving" - State of Anarchy: Master of Mayhem (NS)


"Crazy Driving" from State of Anarchy: Master of Mayhem on the Nintendo Switch (2018)
Composer: Chatsky
Album: State of Anarchy: Master of Mayhem OST
Label: Steam
Publisher: Sometimes You
Developer: Lapovich


There are more exciting songs on the State of Anarchy: Master of Mayhem OST than "Crazy Driving," and " reminds me of mid 2000's Offspring, but I have noticed that any time after playing and I am walking around the house, I find myself humming (or doot-dooting more likely) this music.  I find it to be just so light, playful, and full of joy that if you take it out of the context of driving over people and shooting at cars and alien ships, then you have fun little song appropriate for Saturday morning cartoons circa 1989.

You could even make the argument that the combination of art style in the game coupled with the music is what makes killing 200+ people in the span of 15 minutes tolerable to the morality of the human psyche.  I am not making that argument, I am just saying that someone out there probably could.  Now that I think about it, the intro to "Crazy Driving" reminds me a lot of Jun Ishikawa's "Gourmet Race" from Kirby Super Star, but that is likely just a coincidence.  There is also a bit of a surf rock feel that may not necessarily feel out of place in a modern remake of California Games.  Maybe?

I wish that I could find more (or anything for that matter) about the composer Chatsky, but for the time being, this wonderful soundtrack will have to be my only avenue; ie, we will probably be featuring more of this music in the future.


~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian

No comments:

Post a Comment