Wednesday, March 4, 2020

MIDI Week Singles: "At Doom's Gate" - DOOM (PC)


"At Doom's Gate" from DOOM on the PC & Everything Else (1993)
Album: DooM MuSIc
Label: Unknown
Publisher: List
Developer: id Software



I will be 100% honest with you.  I was not very familiar with the music from the original DOOM until after I had played the reboot in 2016.  I knew that there was music in the original game and when you found one of the Doomguy collectable in DOOM (2016), the bit-tune that played did not make me go, "Oh damn, that is so awesome!"  I did not even pick up that Mick Gordon used this theme and name for the "At Doom's Gate" track on the album for the 2016 reboot.  So I am a bad student of first person shooters and game history.  For that I apologize to Lord Carmack.  But not really.

I decided to use this track from DOOM because when I booted it up on the Switch last week, hearing this song in the opening level did feel good, and I would be surprised if I didn't crack a smile as I began to rip and tear.



~JWfW/JDub/Cooking Crack/Jaconian

No comments:

Post a Comment