Thursday, July 16, 2020

MIDI Week Singles: "Funky's Fugue" - Donkey Kong Country (SNES)


"Funky's Fugue" from Donkey Kong Country on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (1994)
Composer: Robin Beanland
Album: DK Jamz: The Original Donkey Kong Country Sound Track
Label: Nintendo Power
Publisher: Nintendo
Developer: Rare


I decided to use music from Donkey Kong Country today because it was just released on Nintendo's SNES Online app on the Nintendo Switch.  We have previously covered music from this game in the past, although this track is the only one that was composed by Robin Beanland, with the rest being written by David Wise and Eveline Fischer.

Being one of the more high energy songs in the game, it is interesting that it is relegated to essentially menu music for when you want to fast travel between the locations on the island.  So I guess it kind of makes sense.  Doesn't it just make you want to dance?  It might have that effect on me if my arms and legs had any sense of cooperative rhythm with my brain, but that's the way things happen.  But I just wanted to share with y'all one of my favorite songs from this game, and from one of my favorite composers from Rare.



~JWfW/JDub/Cooking Crack/Jaconian

No comments:

Post a Comment