Friday, February 25, 2022

First Impressions: The Climb 2 (OQ2/MQ)

Systems: Oculus Quest 2 / Meta Quest
Release Date: March 4, 2021
Publisher: Crytek
Developer: Crytek

Conklederp and I got into bouldering back in December 2018 and would go to our local climbing gym a few times a week on a pretty regular basis up until around January 2020.  On Saturday, February 11th, The Climb 2 went on a slight (25% off) sale, but enough for me to buy the game, and holy damn.  We have played through the tutorial and then that same night, I went through the first location, The Alps, on the first climb, Boar Tusk, on easy, which does not take into account any of the primary game mechanics like stamina, the need to chalk your hands, how you grip holds, and certain types of holds.  This is just pure climbing/campusing fun; it would be like saying that this is to real climbing like what Tecmo Bowl is to real football.

I could go on about the game, but instead, I am going to just show you the entirety of the middle section of the climb (each route is broken up into three sections, this being the B Section working my way up to the start of the C Section).



To say that I am excited for the rest of this game is so much an understatement.




~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian

No comments:

Post a Comment