Wednesday, February 2, 2022

MIDI Week Singles: "Stage 2" - Rush'n Attack (NES)

 

"Stage 2" from Rush'n Attack on the Nintendo Entertainment System (1987)
Album: No Official Release
Publisher: Konami
Developer: Konami


I've already made the Russian Attack joke six years ago so I won't do it again.  I also talked about not knowing who the specific composer was with four composers or at least four people in the sound department and I am no closer to solving that riddle.  So moving on.

Rush'n Attack is one of those games that I like more in concept and memory than I do in real life.  The music is fun, the idea behind the game is simple and straightforward and the music goes really well with the rest of the game.  I have also never made it past the second level and any time I was a playthrough of the game I am reminded why I have never made it to level 3.  The music for level 2 is still fun and catchy, which belittles the drastic increase in danger you now face with an increase in the number of foot soldiers, soldiers who jump at you, soldiers who shoot at you from ground level, and invincible snipers who snipe you from guard towers.  But at least it is a one-hit kill for everything in the game, including yourself.  And the music is great too even though you may only be hearing parts of it right before you die.  


~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian
Instrumental


P.S.  I promise you I did not plan to have this MWS release almost six years to the day from the last time we featured music from the game; the last article was on February 10, 2016 for those of y'all who didn't click on the link.


No comments:

Post a Comment