Wednesday, March 13, 2024

MIDI Week Singles: "Destroyer" - Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth (PC)

 


"Destroyer" from Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth on Windows, mac OS, Linux, Steam OS (2014)
Composer: Geoff Knorr
Album: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth (Original Soundtrack from the Video Game)
Label: 2K
Publisher: 2K Games
Developer: Firaxis Games


I decided to use "Destroyer" sandwiched between our two articles for Frontiers Reach because when I was first making a trailer, I had this song in mind and actually made a short trailer.  A week or two ago when the Squire asked what a video was on my computer, I said it was "a boring video I made," thinking that he wouldn't want to watch it.  We now watch "the weird boring video you made Daddy" three to four times in a row nearly every morning.  I then made a longer video using the entirety of "Destroyer" so that both Conklederp and I wouldn't have to listen to the same 25 seconds over and over and over again.

Just like the first time we used music from Beyond Earth, I still haven't played the game and have zero context for its use in the game, but it does come pretty early in the soundtrack so my headcanon has taken that into account too.  The scene I conjure is a combination of a lone ship escaping an armada of aggressive ships and/or an entire planet entry sequence full of questioning and fearful looks without any dialogue.  However this song is used in-game, I just love how unabashedly dramatic it is, and that's it.


~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian
Pass Judgement on Humanity

No comments:

Post a Comment