Monday, May 20, 2024

Coming to Terms with Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning


I started playing Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning back in August of 2022 and played for about 60 hours, but then May 2023 hit, and Tears of the Kingdom kind of dominated the rest of last year.

Basically about how it was originally developed as a prequel and world-building game for a larger MMORPG and how it really just feels like an empty MMORPG world.  I no longer feel beholden to beat it as the next game in my queue, and that's okay.  It's okay to come back to again and again while playing other games as I did almost a year later after starting Tears of the Kingdom.  

Maybe it's some combination of the world-building and that I've already sunk 75 hours into the game that makes coming back to it feel like it hasn't been over a year since I last played.  The world and the music feel familiar, and that's something that I really appreciate.*

That's it, that's the article.


~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian
Thank You, Driver, For Getting Me Here

No comments:

Post a Comment