Wednesday, May 1, 2024

MIDI Week Singles: "Classic Chess" - Chessmaster: The Art of Learning (NDS)

 


"Classic Chess" from Chessmaster: The Art of Learning on the Nintendo DS (2007)
Composer: Unknown
Album: No Official Release
Publisher: Ubisoft
Developer: Ubisoft Sofia

Listening to "Zen Garden" last week really got me wanting to listen to this particular track from Chessmaster: The Art of Learning.  But then after listening to it, it wasn't as chill and relaxing as it had been in my head.  All because I'm not nearly as proficient in chess as I would like to be, and hearing this music while having my ass handed to me by the easiest of opponents is excessively humbling.  Hearing this track outside of the DS speakers did illicit a bit of a physical reaction as I felt both anxiety and shame.

Maybe, but perhaps not, it was difficult to find any information regarding the credits for this game.  I couldn't find anyone associated with the music department or the sound team, so this track goes uncredited.  It is also unofficially named so I decided on "Classic Chess" since this is the track that plays when you play the actual game of chess, titled "Classic Chess" and not one of the mini-games.

Chill chess vibes, definitely.  Although some of those vibes are really just anxiety in disguise.


~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian
Got To Make It On My Own

No comments:

Post a Comment