Friday, May 3, 2024

Monthly Update: May, 2024

 


There's a bit to cover on the video game front because we all can't be overnight US Supreme Court experts.

Towards the end of the month, I finished (for the first time) Final Fantasy VII (Game EXP article incoming).  I also finished Tears of the Kingdom towards the end of March (Game EXP article still incoming).  Only yesterday, I finished Mega Man V on my 3DS (Emulator Hour article incoming).  Conklederp and I finished the Fallout show on Amazon (Show Review article incoming).  I started up Fallout 4 with about 186,745 other people, but for me, it was the first time and on the Steam Deck (First Impressions article incoming).  I also re-installed and booted up Fallout 2 (last played around mid-2016) and got Fallout: New Vegas up and running without the need for any mods (since my last time playing in September 2016).  Yeah, bit hard by that Fallout bug.  By the time this article goes to print, we'll have watched the series finale for The Bad Batch (maybe an article on that or just thoughts about the entire series).

I also received my copy of Gloomhaven: Buttons & Bugs a little while ago and while not entirely what I thought the game was going to be when I backed it, I will likely have some written thoughts about it in the coming weeks.  But like a lot of modern RPG board games, the game is a little more complicated than the rules make it out to be. Since I don't have any experience playing Gloomhaven, verbiage and minimized game mechanics which are unknown to me.  Theories abound, but I've watched two different gameplay videos (like back in the day of Wil Wheaton's TableTop, but more instructional and less entertaining).  But we'll go more in-depth on that game later/soon.

Yesterday I received a review copy of INDIKA, and I played the demo several months back.  It will definitely be interesting to see where the full game starts compared to the demo and if it is optimized/verified/playable on the Steam Deck.  Most importantly, if the y-axis is finally inverted, otherwise my review article/videos might be a lot shorter than the publisher expects.

I'm already starting to look ahead to the summer months and what articles I have planned out.  Conklederp and I will likely be inaccessible for the first half of July so I may miss an article or two here and there.  I'm hoping that I don't miss a MIDI Week Singles article though as we've made it since June 17th, 2020 without missing an MWS posting and since May 28, 2021, without being late on a post.

Dr. Potts and Jane are coming up for a short weekend visit next week, but I don't know the level of shenanigans that we'll get up to especially since it's over Mother's Day weekend, and The Squire has a school event on Friday that Nanny Ogg might have something to say about.  We'll figure something out, just like we have for the last 43 years.

I may actually stop here for now, rather than try and drag this out longer than it needs to be and waste your time.  Time is money after all, and money is not free.

This is now a financial podcast.  Thanks for tuning in to Audits & Adventures and we'll be back in a month with our new installment, Pixels & Profits*.



~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian


*I'm not this intelligent to come up with puns this bad, you can thank Google's Gemini for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment