Wednesday, August 21, 2024

MIDI Week Singles: "Of Wars and Wares" - Triangle Strategy (NS)

 


"Of Wars and Wares" from Triangle Strategy on Nintendo Switch, Windows (2022)
Composer: Akira Senju
Album: Triangle Strategy Original Soundtrack
Label: Square Enix Music
Publisher: Square Enix
Developer: ArtDink, Square Enix


For a while there, as in probably about the first 10 hours, I was afraid I was bouncing off of Triangle Strategy and I really wasn't sure why.  Until that is I discovered not the encampment, which I had been using sparingly since it was introduced, but really hunkered down in the encampment and began to enjoy grinding.  In classic JRPG fashion, there are multiple leveling mechanics for each player on your roster.  You have their base weapon to upgrade using gold and consumable items.  You have active and passive skills they can learn which all cost gold and consumable items.  Only recently did I start to focus on leveling as much as I could between main story battles whereas before I would tinker around a little, and do a few mental battles to level up my roster at least until everyone was at or around the recommended minimum level that the game suggested.  I would buy a few consumable items for battles and maybe an accessory if there was enough gold left over, but I was never swimming in gold.

All of that to say, that I have been hearing "Of Wars and Wares" pretty significantly over the last five hours of gameplay.  I spend time agonizing over whom I should use the Silver on to level up a weapon rank, or who to use a Medal of Bravery on to promote their class to increase base stats and learn new skills?  There's a lot riding on picking the right/best/favored upgrade, especially when they use consumable items like fiber or timber which seem to be in lower supply than iron or stone.

So I've been listening to "Of Wars and Wares" a lot in the background and I admit I have fallen asleep to this song while trying to parse which skill or ability to upgrade, only to head back into another mental battle for more gold and hopefully some more fiber.


~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian
Your Life is Out There for Disposal

No comments:

Post a Comment