Friday, August 2, 2024

Monthly Update: August, 2024

 


Can cops just stop killing people who are in their own houses after having called the police because there was a suspected intruder?  How power-hungry and/or insecure do you have to be to feel threatened after waiting around for minutes when a woman in a nightgown says "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus" to shoot her in the face!?  Cops untrained in mental health intervention, even if the initial call is not mental health related, should never put themselves in a situation where they can claim Qualified Immunity because "this exact scenario has never happened before."  Or even cops breaking into other people's apartments and killing the person when the cop is in the one who is in the wrong location.  Yes, that's six years ago, but oh well, it still pisses me off.

Also DJT is an ass and his inability to understand that some people are biracial is staggering.

I'm sure that there are better ways of transitioning, which I am legally obligated to point out until the day I can do it flawlessly.

I recently tried out the new built-in Recorder function on the Steam Deck and in one instance, it worked great!  I pressed the Steam button plus the A button and the recording started (after enabling the recording function in the settings) and when I exited the game, the recording stopped.  The recording is stored on the hard drive of the Steam Deck and, at least on the Steam app on the Steam Deck, and it is stored with all of the other screenshots taken using the Steam app.  Where I ran into a problem, how do I do anything with this video?  I recorded under 30 minutes of gameplay for an upcoming article and accompanying YouTube videos; the file is 1.6 GB in size.  Steam tells me that I cannot send the video to my phone because it is too large as 100 Mb is the maximum file size.  I have the option to send it to my laptop, but again, Steam tells me that the file size is too large.  So what do I do?  I've searched for a solution, both on the Googs and on the Steam Deck Recording Beta forums and Support forums, but I haven't found my specific issue, which I would find hard to believe is the first time this has ever happened.  What I do find amusing is that there is a lot of focus and wording about "clips" as if people who're using the recording function are only interested in 30-second clips and not full-on walkthroughs lasting hours.  I guess I'll just have to open Desktop Mode and track the file there, then upload it to DropBox?  My other solution is to use the same screen recording function through the Steam desktop app and then upload them to my laptop, which I've now done four times for an article coming later this month for She Could Fly: Documentary Escape Game.

As for other games, I talked a bit about some that I finished while yachting around Norway, but for those of y'all who don't want to click back, I'll just list them here along with a few other titles:
  • Started
    • Layers of Fear 2
    • She Could Fly: Documentary Escape Game
  • Finished
    • BAISU
    • Bright Lights of Svetlov
    • The Outer Worlds
    • Journey
  • Continued Playing
    • Kingdoms of Amalur: The ReReckoning
    • The Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening (Remake)
    • Theatrhythm: Final Bar Line
    • Triangle Strategy
    • Animal Crossing
    • Fallout 4
    • Whispering Lane
    • Bit.Trip Presents: Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
    • Bit.Trip Runner
  • Gave Up On
    • Seed of Life
  • Demos I Need to Write About
    • Bonefield
    • Enotria
    • Hannah
    • Haunted Bloodlines
    • Judero
    • Reason Unfound
    • What the Car?
Alright, now that we're done with lists, let's just say goodbye for now and that I'll (likely) have an article up for Journey on Monday and maybe a First Impressions for Fallout 4 (after having already played for 42.9 hours) on Friday.  I've got some ideas for the rest of the month.  Kind of.  Maybe?



~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian
And The Horsement Shall Come

P.S.  Hell Yeah!

P.P.S. Holy Damn!


No comments:

Post a Comment