Wednesday, May 9, 2018

MIDI Week Single: "Meka Chicken" - Alfred Chicken (NES)


"Meka Chicken" from Alfred Chicken on the Nintendo Entertainment System, Game Boy, Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Amiga, & Amiga 64 (1994)
Composer: David Whittaker
Album: No Official Release
Developer: Twilight


Probably one of the more bizarre game titles that I have recently come across as I have been listening to NES game soundtracks in alphabetical order (#AllTheNESMusic), I was actually a bit surprised by how much of the music I was entertained by.

When I first listened to this song, I only knew it as "Track 07" and it was not until I was doing more research into this oddity of a game that I discovered that this music occurs during an on-rails shooter sequence that leads up to a boss fight against Meka Chicken.  I thought simply calling it "Meka Chicken" was a simple yet appropriate name.  I find that it works as a 1942-esque chicken themed shooter, and especially when Meka Chicken shows up at around the 0:28 mark and you hear the metallic tinkling noises.

I just find that I am greatly amused by the name of the game, the visuals in the game, and the music couples very well with everything.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian
Make it Alright

No comments:

Post a Comment