Wednesday, May 23, 2018

MIDI Week Singles: "A Gentle Welcoming" - Runner3 (NS)


"A Gentle Welcoming" from Runner3 on the Nintendo Switch, PC, and macOS (2018)
Composer: Matthew Harwood
Album: Runner3 Original Soundtrack Sampler
Label: CD Baby
Developer: Choice Provisions


So Runner3 was released yesterday and I only recently found out that part of the first run release of the game, a "sampler soundtrack mini-CD" was included.  I was pleased to find out that it was in fact, a mini-CD, about the size of a Game Cube disc, but before I uploaded the CD to my computer, I decided that playing the game would be a lot more fun and productive. 

When the game started, I was pleasantly greeted by a rendition of the theme from BIT.TRIP.RUNNER, but this time in a snappy un-digital arrangement, complete with whistling.  And you know, not having played BIT.TRIP Presents. . .Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien in a while, this music I felt was the perfect re-introduction to this tight rhythm platforming game that Dr. Potts introduced me to a number of years ago. 

As the song was playing, I was really hoping that this would be one of the songs on the mini-CD, then I panicked because I was afraid that the "sampler" part of the CD would not contain the full songs, but just samples of them.  But lo and behold, it is the first track on the CD and in its entirety.  So now I present to you the wonderfully titled "A Gentle Welcoming" to this wonderfully difficult yet fun game.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian
Thanks for Reading My Book.

No comments:

Post a Comment