Friday, May 4, 2018

Monthly Update: May 2018



I have been playing a lot on the Switch.  Or more accurately, a lot of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.  And I just finished the game on Tuesday night after playing for roughly 150 hours; I do not have an exact count as the Switch only rounds to the nearest 5th hour.  But damn, that was quite a ride for the last couple of weeks.  I also finished the first Bayonetta. . .some time last month.  Then I promptly started Bayonetta 2, to which I was frequently annoyed with the character of Little One; I know his name by Chapter XIV, but I am purposefully leaving that out for now.  I also finished two other games, Kamiko, and Xeodrifter, the last which I have already talked a bit about.  Plus I think I will try to make some headway with Perception, which I put down after a while due to being perpetually lost.  And since I have put Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, and Darkest Dungeon: Ancestral Edition on hold, along with Dark Souls being delayed until the summer, I have a bit to wait until Runner3 is released on the 22nd.

The point is, I am having a ball with the Switch and it has apparently replaced my (somewhat aged) computer as my preferred gaming platform.  Yeah, yeah, I know.  Anything less than 1080p at 60fps is unplayable and I don't know either how I could possibly be having fun playing an unmodded version of Skyrim.  The horror!  The horror!  But my computer probably won't run anything at native 1080p anyway, so the point in kind of moot.  And according to Steam, the last time I booted anything up, was my 57 minute session of Dark Souls III.

In the physical realm, our local D&D group had two sessions in April, which worked out well since looking ahead at May, I do not think that we will be able to make time.  In our last session, we actually managed to have the entire group including another friend (name to be determined later/ when I ask him) as well as Beardsnbourbon which brought our total up to nine, which is the largest group that I have ever DM'd for.  It was an experience to say the least and everyone seemed to have fun, but even with using clothespins for initiative markers during combat, we still ran short and didn't even get half way through one of two three hour stories that was designed for a group of 6 - 10 characters levels 4 - 7.  So it looks like we will have to wait until June to find out what awaits the ground in the Shadow Realm (what I decided was an off-shoot of the Shadowfell).


And it looks like the Fireball Island kickstarter was completely funded so now we are eagerly awaiting the end of the year when the game is projected to be released by.  Hopefully they have not over promised with now needing to deliver around 23,325 games instead of the possibly low-balled 4,167 they needed to be funded.  Roughly speaking anyway.

In the movie realm, I feel like I have fallen somewhat behind.  Conklederp and I saw Black Panther, last week, and A Quiet Place earlier this week, but then there are movies I would kind of like to see like Rampage, Annihilation (yeah, really late on this one), Tomb Raider, Ready Player One, Avengers: Infinity War, and probably another or two that I am unable to think of.  The point is, there are currently a bunch of movies out and not enough time or money to see them all.  And let's not forget about Solo in a few weeks.

Lastly, at least for now, if you follow us/me on teh Twitter, that I have been posting more video clips of my atrocious playing on Switch, but more importantly, is that for reasons I have yet to fully determine beyond curiosity, I have begun to listen to the soundtracks of all the released NES games in alphabetical order.  I started the other day with 10 Yard Fight, and today I made it through Al Unser Jr. Turbo Racing.  There have been some games/songs that have surprised me, and thankfully, not too many (with the current exception of the Adventure of Lolo series) have run together without too much notice.

So I feel like that might be a pretty decent look at what happened over the last month and what is ahead for the rest of this month.  I am now going to finish this tasty beer, then go relax on the couch until it is decided that I should go back to work on Monday morning.  Or something else crops up.

Goodtimes.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian
I'll Sleep In This Place

No comments:

Post a Comment