Wednesday, December 12, 2018

MIDI Week Singles: "Desperate Measures" - Artemis: Spaceship Bridge Simulator (PC)


"Desperate Measures" from Artemis: Spaceship Bridge Simulator on the PC, iOS, & Android (2010)
Composer: John Roberts Matz
Album: Artemis: The Official Soundtrack - 2.0
Label: Self Released / Bandcamp
Developer: Thom Robertson
Publisher: Thom Robertson



The music to Artemis: Spaceship Bridge Simulator is probably not one that I would have normally come across if it wasn't for Dr. Potts gifting me a bunch of video game soundtracks a couple of years ago.  That being said, I guess I probably should not have to say that I have not actually played A:SBS, but that has never stopped me from listening to an falling for music composed for these unplayed (by me) games.

I can guess by the title of the song that it must come up either during battles with other ships, when something horrible is going wrong, during boss battles, or whenever the game wants to mess with the player into thinking that something dramatic is happening or is about to happen.  The choir kicking in at 1:39 for me would definitely be a cue that some possible horribleness is about to go down leading a host of angels down to claim my plasma charred carcass.  The additional fact that the driving force behind the song stops at 2:35 and is replaced by even more calming music that is probably played while your ship/body/crew are shuttled off to the sweet hereafter only cements my belief that this is some wonderfully written battle turned funeral music.

And if it is not, then is still pretty beautiful nonetheless.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian
Show Me You've Heard My Prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment