Wednesday, December 19, 2018

MIDI Week Singles: "Stage 4" - Ikari Warriors II: Victory Road (NES)


"Stage 4" from Ikari Warriors II: Victory Road on the Nintendo Entertainment System (1986, 1988)
Composer: Micronics Sound Team (maybe?).  Or Toshikazu Tanaka (who wrote the music to the arcade, according to Wikipedia)
Album: No Official Release
Publisher: SNK
Developer: Micronics


I cannot really say why I landed on "Stage 4" for Ikari Warriors II: Victory Road, other than I felt like "Stage 1" has seen a lot of the glory music-wise from the second game in the series.  Plus, I am almost positive that I never made it past the second or third stage when playing this game.  But, this music still sounds familiar enough for me to be able to apply it to a memory, or at least a generalized memory of playing Ikari Warriors II and hearing this music.

I think that is all I really wanted to say about this music.  It's good, it's underplayed, and now that I think about it, maybe I have gotten to Stage 4.  Most likely with a little help from, you know, my friends.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian

No comments:

Post a Comment