Thursday, December 6, 2018

MIDI Week Singles: "Neptune's Glory" - Civilization: Beyond Earth - Rising Tide (PC)


"Neptune's Glory" from Civilization: Beyond Earth - Rising Tide on the PC (2015)
Composer: Geoff Knorr
Label: 2K
Developer: Firaxis Games
Publisher: 2K Games



"Didn't we just have a song by Geoff Knorr from Civiliation: Beyond Earth?" I can already hear you saying.  While somewhat true, this is from the DLC Rising Tide which has completely different and new music, so there is that.  Also this music is awesome, so that negates anything you have to say about reusing composers.

Maybe it is because I have this picture in my head how Civiliation: Beyond Earth is played without having playing a second of the game, I am imagining this music playing during something exceedingly epic.  Perhaps the first discovery/establishment of an underwater colony?  The survival of an existing colony that, against all odds, survived some kind of massive water-based disaster?  I do not rightly know, just as I did know about how "Our New Home" was used in Civ:BE, but in my head it needs to really be during a beautifully blue-tinged cut scene.  Definitely something heroic and epic.

And at 3:35ish, just when you think that the song is ending because of the resolution, nope!  It continues one for another 1m25s before the (almost) inevitable fade out.  I am typically not one who is big on fade outs, but it does kind of work here.

Someone at the BBC needs to get in contact with Mr. Knorr and have him score the inevitable Planet Earth 3 which, according to my calculations, should be coming out sometime in 2026.



JWfW/JDub/Jaconian
Instrumental

No comments:

Post a Comment