Wednesday, August 21, 2019

MIDI Week Singles: "Neo World" - Fortnite (NS)


"Neo World" from Fortnite on the Nintendo Switch, PC, iOS, Android, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One (2019)
Composer: Unknown
Album: No Official Release
Publisher: Epic Games
Developer: Epic Games





I had concerns about publishing this MIDI Week Singles article, partly because of all the vitriol hate that Fortnite gets in nearly every corner of the Internet, but mainly because my attempts to find out who wrote the music have lead to only unanswered questions.  For a game that has very little music to it, and assets designed (and stolen?) from a large number of sources, it would make sense that the different selections for lobby music are not all composed by the same person.  My only knowledge about the music for this series is that Pinar Toprak wrote music for game back in Season 3, 

But I am using this song, "Neo World," which was released during Season 9.  At first, I did not particularly care for the song since I associated it with the Neo Tilted area that I do not care at all about (both in design and landing in).  Then one time while browsing what I wanted my emote loadout to be (extra?), this song was playing and it was not until about 0:45 I actually started paying attention.  I think it is just something about the upbeat-ness of the song, its unabashedly optimistic outlook, and whatever the chord progression that sticks with me.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian

No comments:

Post a Comment