Thursday, January 23, 2020

MIDI Week Singles: "Echoes of Sorrow" - Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (NS)


"Echoes of Sorrow" from Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon on the Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS, PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Xbox One (2018)
Composer: Ippo Yamada
Album: Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon Official Soundtrack
Label: Limited Run Games
Developer: Inti Creates





It has been a while since I first/last played Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, the 8-bit-ish story involving a lot of the same characters in Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.  I do love a lot of the music that Michiru Yamane and Ippo Yamada composed for the game and today we are featuring one of the songs composed by Ippo Yamada.  "Echoes of Sorrow" occurs during the fourth stage in the game after you have encountered all three of the other characters that Zangetsu meets on his journey.  I do not know if potentially having a full party was taken into account when using this music, although if there was this thought, it might have been more of a heroic than the melody actually is  That is not to say that the music is less catchy because it does not have a "The Ring Goes South" hook to it, but the melody from 0:23 is when my ears perk up. 

That is really all I have for this song.  I did not intentionally choose a song that was not composed by Castlevania veteran Michiru Yamane and in the process, I am glad that I have learned the name of Ippo Yamada.



~JWfW/JDub/Cooking Crack

No comments:

Post a Comment